Level 1 (Basic)
(Information in Dutch on www.buitensportopleiding.nl)
In this course we focus on Birds & Mammals .
A: Specialized Guides will lead the students through different landscapes in the Netherlands (total of 10 days).
During the 8 months of this course, Students work on a Monitoring project on 1 km3, Monitoring birds, mammals and plants (amphibians, reptiles and insects).
Subject of the course:
– Analyse different Eco zones & Monitoring.
– Camera traps
– Map, Compass and GPS
– Flora (basics)
– Fish, insects, amphibians and reptiles (Basics)
– Written exam (70% minimum score)
– Monitoring project
– > 80% attendance
Costs Level 1: € 800,-
(exclusive overnighters, travel, insurance, meals and drinks, entrance fee for Parks etc)
Level 2 (Advanced)
* Local Guides can apply directly for a Level 2 Course and Certification, depending on Experience and Knowledge.
For the level 2 certificate Guides have to specialize in at least one Region and / or animal species.
– One Region: A total of 10 days training in that region.
– Two and more Regions: A minimum of 5 Days training for each region.
We (in collaboration with our partners) offer Level 2 training programs at these locations :
– Rocky Mountains ( Canada) Wolves
– Bialowieza (Poland) Birds and Mammals
In the future these areas will follow:
– Alps (France)
– Carpathians ( Romania)
Level 3 (Specialist)
To become a Level 3 N&W Guide, Guides need at least one Specialization Course.
– Tracking Specialist https://wildlifeguiding.com/tracking/
– CSWI Level 1 www.internationalwildernessguide.com
– Interpretive Guide European Wilderness Areas (coming up soon)
– IGA Professional Interpretive Guide www.interpretiveguides.org